Maple Pecan Scones
- 1 3/4 cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Oats
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Maple Sugar
- 1 Stick Cold Butter
- 1 Egg
- 4 Tbs Farnham Farm Maple Syrup
- 1/3 – 2/3 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup Chopped Farnham Farm Maple Pecans – Or nut of choice
- Farnham Farm Maple Cream Spread (for topping)
- Using food processor or blender, chop oats into finer pieces. In a bowl, combine dry ingredients. Cut cold butter into 1/4 inch pieces and mix into dry ingredients. Add egg and maple syrup until combined. Slowly add buttermilk until the mixture forms a ball. Add maple pecans or nut of choice (reserve some for garnish).
- Move the dough to a flowered surface and divide into two. Flatten each piece using your hands or a rolling pin, into about a 6″- 7″ circle and cut into 6 pieces. Place onto a baking sheet (recommend using parchment paper to avoid sticking). Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 17-20 minutes. Until the scones are lightly browned and no longer doughy in the middle. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Once the scones are semi cooled-cooled, used maple cream spread (or make a maple icing using maple syrup and confectioners sugar) and drizzle or frost over the scones. Top with remaining nuts.